Endless forests of pine trees and chestnut trees, charming scenery, sharing exciting between high mountains and endless blue beaches, good roads, cheap food and beautiful hotels. The island, even in midsummer, hiding secret corners that allow everyone to find their own private paradise.
The scenery is fascinating, as endless turquoise beaches alternate with forests, cliffs and villages immersed in greenery that make you believe that you are somewhere in heaven.
Most of the Thasos Beaches are considered particularly friendly for children.
The loveliest beaches of the Aegean Sea are waiting for you in Thasos!
Thassos in numbers
- an area of 379 square kilometres
- 95 kilometres of coastline
- 13,000 inhabitants
- 12 nautical miles from Kavala
- 4 nautical miles from Keramoti
- the highest mountain is Ypsario or Psario (1203 m)
- the trip from Kavala to Skala Prinos, where the Ilio Mare resort is located, is 1 hour and 35 minutes by ferry, or 30 minutes by flying dolphin
- 40 km from Kavala and 260 km from the city of Thessaloniki
Useful phone numbers
- Prinos Health Center : 25930 71 100 – 25930 71 101
- Prinos Police +30 25930 71 230
- Fire Department +30 25930 23 199
- Limenas Port Authority +30 25930 23 199
- Prinos Port Authority +30 25930 71390
- Keramoti Port Authority +30 25910 51204
- Kavala Port Authority +30 2510 223716
- Thassos KTEL Bus Service +30 25930 22162
- Kavala KTEL Bus Service +30 2510 222294
- Tourist Police +30 25930 23111